Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Neither Forgotten Nor Left Behind

I have been told recently, and by my husband no less, that I have been neglecting my blog. And he is so right. It's just been sheer laziness on my part... as well as lack of inspiration to write.

Now that the elections are over, it seems that the whole world is waiting with baited breath to see what Obama says in his Inaugural Address. I watch with rapt attention to his Cabinet choices on the news, but really -- it feels like the world breathed a sigh of relief, but is still stuck in a holding pattern.

My life right now is just not a huge source of inspiration for blog fodder... or the fiction writing I plug away at. I look for jobs, I sometimes interview, I hear great feedback from the interview... and only occasionally do I get an offer. Most of the time, insurance is not offered. And almost all of the time the pay stinks. But, stinky pay with benefits is better than what I'm pulling in right now -- diddly over squat.

The rest of my time is filled with awkward attempts at writing, some bursts of true inspiration in said writing, knitting, home "stuff" (meaning... cleaning, decorating, purging, etc.), and TV watching.

Exciting stuff, I know.

And it's not like I'm bitter or doing the self-pity thing -- it's just the way things are right now. I feel boring, and thus not inspired to post anything.

But maybe putting this post up will trigger more. Heck, at the very least, I should post pictures and jokes and antecedents of interest. Maybe a New Year's Resolution early?

Well, thank you, faithful reader, for putting up with my writing droughts. Can't promise there won't be more, but I have no abandoned my writing endeavors.

They're just few and far between. But not gone and forgotten.

Neither are you.

No comments: